Friday, September 4, 2009

Japanese Study Resources

Browsing Coscom's site I noticed that they had current news, weather and even a listing of popular Japanese names (which I use when modifying/constructing sentences). My current endeavor is slowly working through みんなの日本語 (vol 1; currently I have mined 700+ sentences using 468 unique Kanji), and then vol 2. I am planning on finishing this series by the end of 2009. Using Tae Kim's Guide on Japanese grammar to assist me when I have the urge to write/say something that I cannot recall.

After that series I will start on Coscom's excellent series called Kanji Odyssey. I plan to tackle only volume 1 for now since it is loaded and the Coscom site has worksheets. The first volume I have budgeted three months. Following KO, I will start moving into intermediate level works - starting with an old book I found (with audio in mp3 format) entitled "Introduction to Intermediate Japanese: An integrated course" by 水谷信子 (Nobuko Mizutani). Supposedly, the book is derived from Nihongo Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment